Moving Forward Constructively After Criminal Charges
When facing criminal charges, most people think about how they would do things differently if they could. For many people in this situation, their thoughts go to how they wish they could somehow avoid a conviction and make serious changes in their lives.
At Dauphin Law, a Professional Corporation, we help our clients find a second chance. Serving clients throughout the area of San Antonio, Texas, we help both adult and juvenile clients in the justice system. While we provide criminal defense representation, the main focus of our work is to help each client take accountability if they have made a mistake and access the help they need to get onto a better path in life.
Although the criminal justice system does not often feel like a place where people can find a second chance in life, there are many alternative sentencing and rehabilitative options available that can minimize time spent incarcerated while helping the whole person. Especially with parents of children in the juvenile system, it is extremely important to us to help your child find the outcome that will help them get that second chance and move forward without the stigma of a permanent criminal record.
Criminal Cases We Frequently Handle
We represent clients facing charges that include:
- DWI: The consequences of a driving while intoxicated (DWI) conviction can be disastrous, even if it is your first offense. Especially for commercial and other professional drivers, it is critical to avoid a conviction if at all possible.
- Theft crimes: We represent clients charged with petty theft, burglary, grand theft, fraud, identity theft and other theft-related charges.
- Assault: At Dauphin Law PC, you will find a lawyer who provides criminal defense services for clients accused of assault and other violent crimes.
- Drug charges: Whether you have been charged with a minor marijuana possession offense or distribution of meth, we can help you.
- Traffic violations: Even the simplest traffic violations can lead to bigger problems, including loss of driving privileges, if they are not handled efficiently and well.
- Occupational Driver’s Licenses: We represent people who may be dealing with a suspended drivers license who need to legally drive to and from work. In certain circumstances you may be eligible to have a judge grant you a special restricted license that allows you to continue driving. We help clients obtain occupational driver’s licenses so that they may continue to drive to work and take care of their responsibilities.
- Expunction and record sealing: We help clients who have been through the criminal justice system file for expunction or the sealing of their criminal records. This is important in helping our clients get a fresh start on their lives.
These are just a few of the areas of criminal law that we handle. Ms. Dauphin Lacy focuses on helping clients get out of the criminal justice system with minimal damage and get set up on a new path in their lives.
One of the key areas of practice for us is in the juvenile court system. We believe that everyone deserves a second chance, and nowhere is this more important than in the juvenile court system. Do not let your child’s one mistake destroy their future. We can help.